Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BOB HOOVER... LIVE!

To All:

That's meant to be a kind of joke, see... because I have cancer I'm never too sure I'll wake up in the morning so I thought labeling a post as 'Live' would be something of a play on words.

But the title also emphasizes an on-going problem I'm having with Google and my memory, in that I often forget my User Name and Password, making it impossible for me to either SEND or RECEIVE messages. This morning for example, Google says my current User Names and Passwords will no longer be valid; that I will have to jump through various Google-hoops to make things right. But when you try to do that you get an ERROR MESSAGE saying to try again in a few minutes. The Mystery Time is not defined. Five minutes? No, that's not enough. Ten minutes? Ditto. Indeed, it appears that Google's error-handling procedure may well have an error of its own, in that, while it SAYS to do this and go there, it doesn't actually work. If the problem persists you're told to contact yet another address. Which of course does not work either.

But I am still alive! Honest! And people still send me email asking questions about their VW engines, converted for flight or otherwise. And I keep trying to respond because I assume you would like to receive an answer. But given the amount of errors, trying to stay in touch becomes horribly frustrating.

-R.S.Hoover

5 comments:

David Brodbeck said...

Hi Bob.

I haven't gotten any messages of that sort from my Google account. Are you sure someone isn't trying to steal your account information?

Anonymous said...

All of your amnswers are well recieved and we all thank you for the time and effort you give to help us. Thank You John

RonB01 said...

Hi, Bob. One way to manage your passwords is to keep a spreadsheet (or other document) on your home computer with the web address, username, and password for each online account you use. That way you can also use more secure passwords without having to remember them.

eRGe said...

Hi Bob,

From some place on Earth (Europe, Romania), someone who is reading your Sermons for more than 6 years, strongly and emotionally involved both with aircooled vws and your suffering, wants to say only this:

Please... FIGHT!

nickec said...

Just a heads up Bob - google and gmail has had some server trouble recently. You can read about it at news.google.com which is where I read about it.

It is rare for google servers to experience downtime. But it does happen.